You design and deliver organisation approaches and processes for OGP to function at our best. You share best practices to help transform the rest of government.
What does Corporate Team do?
As a member of the Corporate Team, your job is to design the best approaches to how we run OGP, and then execute on it. We have multiple roles on the Corporate Team, including:
- Marketing & Outreach - Amplifying OGP’s efforts through our brand and outreach so as to bring in the best people and effect change.
- People & Culture: - Hiring the best people. Keeping them engaged, growing, and impactful.
- Corporate Operations & Finance: - Keeping OGP running smoothly as an organisation. Implementing initiatives and processes to build strong teams and help people work at their best.
- Partnerships - Propagate OGP practices and influence up-stream policy-making across the rest of government so as to accelerate improvements in government in tech and beyond.
Your exact day-to-day can vary between roles, but on a day-to-day basis, every Corporate Team member can expect to:
- Look at industry best practices and other organisations to identify approaches to improve how OGP runs
- Design policies and practices to roll-out such approaches within OGP
- Work with stakeholders (e.g. government HR, Finance, Senior Management teams) to seek buy-in for new practices
- Implement and handle change management in the operational roll-out
- Talk with OGP team members and use data to experiment and quickly identify what works/doesn’t work and iterate at the approach
Who we are looking for
We look for people who:
- Are able to work ‘full-stack’, from the planning and conceptualisation of initiatives and strategies, to the implementation and maintenance of operations
- Are well-organised with a keen attention to detail - You’d need to follow through plans to implement in detail, and would also need to be comfortable with handling budget and procurement data and processes
- Are innovative problem-solvers - You need to critically evaluate the ways in which the team can be run more optimally, and be able to think out-of-the-box when coming up with solutions
- Ideally, have experience in Public Service and/or related functional fields. Experience working in a start-up or tech organization is a plus
- Take initiative to make things happen - Our job is to push for change in government, so we need to challenge the status quo and not wait for instruction
- Have solid communication skills - You need to be able to write clearly and concisely, and know how to get people working together
- Have good emotional intelligence - You need to have a good sense of the team’s working dynamics and build trust with various stakeholders
- Want to work for the public good - We are public servants, we serve the public. This sometimes means ignoring political pressures and misguided policies. We need people who will push back if something is not in the public interest
Overall we look for people who have ability, initiative, good communication, and strong values.