We open source many of our tools in order for us to work together with developers around the world to tackle common challenges. With the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the importance of sharing tools and learnings across borders has become even more pertinent, and we hope that by sharing our products below we can help others to digitise processes and improve public good around the world.
Form builder and manager used by the Singapore government and public healthcare institutions to securely collect data from residents and businesses. Since its launch in 2017, Form has helped 44k public officers to collect over 58 million submissions.
Form has been used for:
- Travel and health declarations by visitors to the country
- Applications for swab tests
- COVID-19 financial assistance applications and distribution (collection of citizens’ bank details)
- 100K+ daily temperature declarations by public officers and students nationwide
- Feedback from public officers on remote work
- Mandatory primary school registration for 7 year olds nationwide
- Anti-phishing - grants legitimacy to government forms collecting sensitive data, making it difficult for malicious actors to steal citizen data
- E2E encryption (not available in commercial form managers) protecting classified and sensitive data
- Rich features that especially support public sector needs, such as table-input fields, OTP verification of contact details, email domain restrictions, logic to disable submissions and date validations
- Scalable to support extremely high volume form submissions
- Modular tool able to be used with other tools/services like identity providers or downstream case management tools in many government workflows
Government link shortener granting legitimacy to content shared by public officers. To date, Go has been used by over 13k public officers to shorten over 86k links that have been accessed over 78 million times.
Go.gov.sg has been used for shortening links to:
- go.gov.sg/whatsapp: application form of the official WhatsApp broadcast of the Singapore government
- go.gov.sg/passport: application of passport for Singaporean citizen
- Training materials for Covid-19 healthcare volunteers
- Official press releases from the ministry of health about Covid-19 updates
- Correction directions, guides, articles and documents.
- Saves agencies time from shortening a domain or creating a webpage for new content on their website
- Anti-phishing - let’s citizens know that they are accessing from a government source
- Analytics - track link clicks across government links
Official mass communication tool used by Singapore public agencies launched in May 2020. Postman has been supporting COVID-19 related use cases to help our public officers reach citizens in this uncertain period of time. Postman has since helped over 90 Singapore government agencies to send over 3 million messages.
Postman.gov.sg has been used for:
- Sending negative COVID-19 swab results to patients
- Enabling Ministry of Health’s Healthcare Corps in managing COVID-19 volunteers
- Reminding citizens on quarantine notice to reply to the geolocation check for compliance
- Helping teachers communicate with students at home for home-based learning
- Notifying citizens of changes in government agency appointments
- Password-protecting sensitive information
- Send messages en masse easily
- Omnichannel platform
- Campaign analytics
Isomer is a static site builder for the government. We provide end to end hosting service while the users focus on their site content. Instead of spending months and hefty amounts of money, Isomer enables public officers to launch secure and cheap websites in as fast as 36 hours.
Isomer has been used for:
- Nationwide covid-19 campaign sites sgunited.gov.sg and business support portal covid.gobusiness.gov.sg.
- Informational sites on travel requirements during COVID-19 safetravel.ica.gov.sg
- Agencies corporate websites such as mlaw.gov.sg, customs.gov.sg, tech.gov.sg
- Secure infrastructure without any expensive hosting or database management
- Fast loading sites with minimal downtime (99.9% uptime)
- Low hosting and infrastructure costs
- Site templates makes it easy for agencies to launch websites