A static website building and hosting solution for the public service
An internal study conducted by the Singapore government in 2017 found that over one-third of our government websites failed basic usability checks. Other problems include:
- Website downtime: Cases of government sites not accessible for hours in any given month.
- Poor UX: Many had outdated designs that does not work well on mobile devices and not accessible to persons with visual impairments.
- Slow: Certain sites took more than 10 seconds to load, when modern sites should never take more than 2 seconds.
- Expensive: A simple website can cost the Singapore government upwards of S$25,000 per year, racking a hefty bill across the government.
Isomer provides government agencies with an easy-to-deploy static website building and hosting service to create usable, secure and faster informational websites quickly. Isomer provides:
- Pre-tested user interface to be usable and accessible to people with disabilities
- Static site architecture allows for fast loading and eliminates many vulnerabilities
- Automated monitoring improves reliability and security
- 80 websites launched
- At least S$2 million realised cost savings
- 100x reduction in downtime in government sites