Pay for parking using your mobile devices
Paper coupons are an inconvenient way for drivers to pay for parking. If drivers need to extend their parking time, they would have to rush to their vehicles to put up more coupons. Also, drivers would be overpaying if they leave the parking lot before their time is up.
Parking.sg is a mobile application developed to offer more convenience for drivers to manage their parking sessions. Drivers can now pay for their parking sessions, receive reminders, and extend their sessions directly from their mobile phones.
- Simple user interface to maximize convenience over paper coupons
- Refunds for unused time to give a sense of fairness and reduce anxiety about wastage
- Robust synchronization protocols to drastically reduce support needed at scale
- 1.5 million parking sessions per month
- Used by > 80% of cars in Singapore
- 99.99% availability
- Refunded > S$9 million in unused parking fees to users
Huang Kaiwen | Pallani | Talitha